Top local University is now seeking a full-time skilled grill cook with management potential. You will carry on preparing quality food for the dining hall guest and be responsible for maintaining high standards for kitchen cleanliness, food safety, and cooking procedures. 💯
Position: Grill Cook (with Management potential)
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 7am-3pm (Monday-Friday)
Location: Richmond, Virgina
Pay: $2,000 monthly (12.50 per hour)
- Cook and prepare food as directed according to established recipes, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions.
- Cleans, cut, and cooks all food products as assigned, including meat, fish poultry, starches, and vegetables.
- Clean, setup, and breakdown kitchen equipment, appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operates kitchen, line equipment, and machinery according to established safety procedures.
- Covers, labels, and dates all food products after opening from original packaging and follows all food safety rules for proper storage.
- Set up serving lines.
- Monitors and records temperatures of food stored on the refrigerator, in hot boxes, and on the serving line to ensure safe temperatures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Additional Duties: 10%
- Monitors accuracy of recipes; communicates discrepancies to production manager
- Produces production records, as directed. Assists with production forecasts and recipe yields.
- Maintains cleanliness of the production areas.
- Washes pots, pans dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment, as needed.
- Trains new employees.
- Are you able to start immediately?
- How many years of Cooking experience do you have?
- Are you able to work in Richmond, VA 23173?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Serve safe?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?